Road Name: Cubbon Road named after Sir Mark Cubbon (23rd August 1775 – 23rd April 1861)
Road Location: M Chinnaswamy Stadium, M G Road, Vidhana Soudha
Mark Cubbon was born in the vicarage of Maughold, 23rd Aug, 1775. His father was Thos. Cubbon, afterwards Vicar-General; his mother, Margaret Wilks, daughter of the Rev. James Wilks, Rector of Ballaugh, and sister to Col. Mark Wilks. They had ten children, of whom Mark was seventh. 
Mark Cubbon was a British army officer with the East India Company who became the British Commissioner of Mysore state in 1834. Cubbon restructured the government of Mysore, helped reform its finances, and created a peaceful and prosperous state. Cubbon is credited with the construction of over one thousand miles of roads, hundreds of dams, coffee production and improvements in the tax and revenue systems. Mark Cubbon remained in the post till 1860, a period which included the 1857 rebellion, during which time he had the assistance of Krishnaraja Wodeyar III in keeping affairs under control.
Mark Cubbon is known for his excellent handling of the kingdom. He made Bangalore the capital and divided the princely state into 4 divisions, each under a British superintendent.
Mark Cubbon is credited with the construction of over one thousand miles of roads, hundreds of dams, coffee production and improvements in the tax and revenue systems.
The laying of first railway line initiated during the regime of Commissioner Mark Cubbon, started functioning from 1864, when Bowring was the Commissioner. He was also responsible for the construction of new roads exceeding 2560 km in length. Coffee plantations, also started by him covered over 1.50 lakh acres.
Mark Cubbon was a good administrator & a proficient bureaucrat who ably breathed freshness by initiating several administrative reforms in Mysore which later on became a legacy. Mysore was modeled & nurtured to devise its own administrative setup during his period. He encouraged & shifted the capital from Mysore to Bangalore, helped reform the finances of Mysore, and created a peaceful and prosperous government. Thus, He was considered as pioneer in commencing administrative, economic, judicial reforms in Mysore which helped Mysore later on to earn the epithet of a model state.
Fact: The very first statue that was erected in the city of Bangalore was that of Sir Mark Cubbon in 1868, who was appointed commissioner of Mysore and Coorg in 1831. The elegantly-sculpted equestrian statue which stands before Atara Kutcheri (High Court Complex) was unveiled by L.B. Bowring in March, 1868 the commissioner who was successor to Cubbon. 
Additional Facts: Cubbon Park is a station in the Purple Line of the Namma Metro in Bangalore, India. There is a project to build a 35 km line known asBangalore High-Speed Rail Link, from Cubbon Road to the Bengaluru International Airport 
Places of Prominence on Cubbon Road:
- St Andrews Church
- B.R. V. Institute And Theatre
- Army Headquarters, Madras District
- Baird Barracks
- War Memorial
- Central Telegraph Office and G.P.O.
- Lady Curzon hospital
- Bowring Hospital 
 International Journal of Academic Research ISSN: 2348-7666 Vol.1 Issue.1, June, 2014
 The Hindu, September 12 2014
 The Deccan Herald, Nov. 18 2015
- Kamath, Suryanath U. (2001) -A Concise History of Karnataka: from pre-historic times to the present. Bangalore
- Senior Social Science Teacher at school
- Sociology teacher at school